Because I have always seen hair as an accessory I have been able to rock natural hairstyles all year long. When we allow ourselves to look at hair as an accessory a different view awaits.
When you choose to rock natural hairstyles all year long sometimes you risk looking like “na’am am boo boo” (a hot mess), in others eyes, but you wear it boldly.
For example, during the summer braids might be a good fit and then just after you can switch to a wash and go or twist out.
As you can see from the photo display, I have never taken my journey with hair too seriously. Hair as an accessory has freed me in more ways than one. Some of my best practices over the years that has allowed me to rock natural hairstyles all year long are:
- A great wash day routine
- Drinking lots of water (gotten better over the years)
- NEVER wearing a style tight.
- Not over manipulating my hair
- Getting regular trims
- Professional Coloring (never had an issue doing it myself but learned the hard way about results)
- Shoulders back and rock what you’ve got